Invisalign For Teens
Invisalign for Teen Bite Issues
There are different bit issues that are common among teenagers. This can mean that Invisalign treatment for teens is sometimes more complex than it is with adults. Some common bite issues in teens are:
- Gapped teeth: Gaps are present between multiple teeth
- Open bite: There is a gap between the upper and lower teeth when the jaw is closed
- Underbite: The bottom teeth overlaps the top teeth significantly when the jaw is closed
- Overbite: The top teeth overlaps the bottom teeth significantly when the jaw is closed
- Crowded teeth: Teeth are crooked because they are too crowded
- Crossbite: When one or more upper teeth on one side are overlapped by the lower teeth when biting down
All of these bite issues can be addressed with Invisalign. Each approach is customized to the patient as each teen’s bite issue are unique. Dr. Jennifer will design a treatment plan using 3D computer technology that allows you to see the projected outcome of the treatment even before it begins.
Invisalign Teen: Faster Than Braces, But Just as Effective
Traditional braces take about two years on average. Most Invisalign patients complete their treatment in as little as 12 months, as long as the aligners are work according to schedule. Your teen can get the same results but in less time and with less fuss!
The Invisalign Teen Confidence Boost
When teenagers learn that they will need braces, one of their biggest concerns is how metal braces will affect their appearance. Rightfully so, 2 years is quite a commitment. Unfortunately, this can have a negative impact on their self-confidence. With Invisalign, your teen will feel more confident because they know their teeth are growing straighter every day, without having the fear to flash a brace-free smile!
Spend Less Time at the Orthodontist
Since there is no need to adjust wires, regular visits to the orthodontist will be much quicker. Check-ups are scheduled every 4 to 6 weeks, and Dr. Jennifer simply checks that your teen’s progress is on track.