Sports with Braces
Playing sports with braces is still very much possible, even contact sports. However, Dr. Jennifer may recommend a sports mouthguard for your protection. A custom mouthguard shields your teeth and the braces accidental damage or injury.
Foods to Avoid
There is really only a small list of food to avoid while wearing braces. This is to avoid damaging the brackets or to prevent food particles from becoming trapped between the brackets and wires. Food to avoid include:
- Chewy foods such as beef jerky or bagels
- Highly crunch foods like raw carrots
- Sticky foods like caramel candy
- Hard candy
- Any food you have to bite into such as apples
Foods to Avoid While in Braces
Foods You Can Still Eat
Having braces doesn’t have to change your eating habits significantly. In fact, there is still a huge variety of foods you can enjoy including:
- Dairy products
- Fruit and vegetables
- Desserts such as cake and ice cream
Caring for Your Braces
Caring for your braces is a straightforward process. Here are some tips:
- Use rubber bands exactly as directed
- Wear Invisalign aligners for the prescribed period of time every day
- Contact Dr. Jennifer immediately if you notice any loose brackets or wires so that we can correct the problem and keep your treatment on track
How to Brush With Braces!
How to Floss With Braces!
Loose Teeth and Braces
At times, you may notice that your feel teeth loose after you get braces. This is completely normal and healthy. This just means that your teeth are being loosened so that they can be shifted into the correct position. Once this is complete, the loose feeling will go away.